Voir la page en français
Da Patator Encoder -- Written by Nicolas Clément
07/09/2004: Go back to work !!
I'm working on a totally new version of dpencoder. Must write
some lines of code
again,but I can tell this is 75% ready for now...
A new interface and some little features more...
One thing I can tell is DPE will be easier for newbies and a little better
for masters of the known universe.... ;o)=
Dpencoder 0.6c released.
Added a picture display feature in chapters dialog...
Corrected some locale mistakes..... ;o)=
Dpencoder 0.6b released.
Dpencoder now has partial support for french language.
Some bugfixes in Dpencoder.xs and Dpencoder.pm
DPEncoder is an application to easily encode DVD's
into DivX files with an intuitive interface. This is only a MEncoder ( from MPlayer project ) perlQt frontend, so don't expect this to do more than the application it's based from. I wrote this app in order to learn more about Perl and Qt.
This is my very first project (ok, you're hopping this would be the last... ;o)= ). I didn't wrote anything in the past
'cause I'm new to Perl and Qt. DPE is an EARLY ALPHA project, so expect bugs and
some other good things.
Hope this will help you........enjoy !
DPEncoder enables you to :
- Adapt divx files to CD capacity
- Split encoded files to fit on 2 CD's
- Give some DVD info
- Automatically adapt video bitrate for given filesize
- 1, 2 or 3 pass encoding
- Find black bands and cut them
- Add subtitles in black bands (alpha !)
- Create AVI header
- Use your prefered KDE themes
- Perform file operations ( splitting,appending,repairing
movie files )
- Encode a DVD stored in a directory
And of course :
This app DON'T NEED KDE to work, but only Qt and perlQt extension !!!
- MPlayer (>=1pre1) compiled with mencoder option (default)
- MEncoder compiled with libavcodec support, lame support and xvid support ( will become optional)
I know you're thinking : "What that shit looks like....". Well, let's see...
This is the main window after performing a "DVD scan"
(Plastik KDE style)
DPE while encoding...
New extra file operations !!
Current DPE version is 0.6b
Note: Don't use previous versions ! Buggy versions !
You can download it on the Sourceforge project page.
For any requests, don't forget to mail me !
Untar the archive ( tar xvjf dpencoder-x.x.tar.bz2 )
cd to dpencoder-x.x/DPEncoder/ and run perl Makefile.PL
If all's good, do a make followed by a make install ( as root )
That's done !!! Now run DPencoder and enjoy ! ( or throw it to /dev/null )
I'd like to give a big THANX to the following persons :
- Detie, my girlfriend, who trusts me and helps me every time .
Detie is the DPE's logo author !( BIG SMACK )
- My friend Sebastien (Sikhander) who proposed to do some testings...
- Valta ( the lealinux man) who takes time to test that shit on his incredible bugs-creating-machine and sends me feedbacks (BIG THANX)
- acid_kewpie for his lsdvd app, which inspired me ( THANX man ! )
- All guys from the Qt-dev channel ( especially wido who helped me for Qt programming )
- And the "grand carribou" Michel who helped me to discover Linux 2 years ago. (RESPECT)
- YOU, for reading this awfull english !!!! ;o)=
This are links I often use :
All aditional information may be found on the sourceforge project page.
In order to improve DPE, I need to get feedbacks. So, please, mail me !!